Fri 11 Sep 2020
EVEN WHEN YOU’VE TAKEN ALL THE RIGHT MEASURES TO LOOK AFTER YOUR PROPERTY, SOMETIMES THINGS CAN GO WRONG…
At Wills & Smerdon we believe in protecting our landlords against all eventualities. This has been exceptionally important during 2020, when the unthinkable happened, and many tenants were simply unable to pay their rent, due to no fault of their own, in other words, COVID-19 happened!
We are delighted to link up with Goodlord and be able to offer their Rent Protection and Legal Expenses service to our landlords. It means that, if or WHEN the unexpected happens, our landlords will be able to sleep peacefully in the knowledge that their rental income is still coming in and, if needed, legal expenses for representation in court is covered.
We believe that the Goodlord policy is the best available, and that has been proven during these trying times, when they are still taking new clients and covering them for future COVID issues, when others are simply NOT doing that. See how the Goodlord policy stacks up against the competition. (Note: VP = vacant possession).
BENEFITS TO THE LANDLORD
- Nil excess: you’ll receive 100% of the rent owed to you if you make a claim.
- Up to £100,000 legal expenses cover, including appeals and legal representation
- Rent recovery
- Property damage cover, for civil dispute expenses on damages over £1,000
- 75% of rent after vacant possession for up to 2 months
- Eviction of squatters and assistance with the costs involved
- Standalone legal expense cover, in case of civil dispute
- Contract dispute protection, covering costs in disputes of over £100
- 90-day claim window, from the date of first missed rental payment
- Auto renewal process, so you have continuous cover
- Exclusive partnership with DAS UK, with 40 years of experience in underwriting insurance
T&Cs apply: tenants must pass our referencing criteria and you will need to provide a digital & photographic inventory with check-in report.
COST TO LANDLORD £240 inc. VAT
Sometimes the tenant’s security deposit is not enough to cover significant damage or rent arrears, most often it comes after a change in tenant’s circumstances, and that is very hard to predict. That is why we recommend this policy to all of our landlords and those who have, unfortunately, had to use the policy, have been incredibly thankful that they opted to take the policy out. A comprehensive and rigorous insurance cover can mean the difference between regaining your property or defaulting on your buy-to-let mortgage. For added ease, Goodlord has created a unique and automated claims process, which reduces the administration time and means you get the property returned to you as quickly as possible.