Choosing an agency to let your property with can seem overwhelming, especially when there are so many companies that seem to offer the same thing. So, let us make it easy for you! Wills & Smerdon’s lettings department is one of a kind because of the agents we have on the front line and our roots within the local community.
Since our doors opened in 1933, our experience has grown and evolved alongside the rental market. Our lettings manager, Sara Grey, has been in the property industry for thirty years and her background includes buying and selling houses for corporate companies, finding homes for international clients relocating to the UK and letting properties in Woking and Guildford. After Sara joined in 2013, the team has gone from strength to strength with many of our properties held with long-standing clients.
Taking that first step...
Our free property appraisals are a chance for you to find out what you need to know before renting your property. We will advise you on any work that needs to be done in order to comply with Landlords Health and Safety regulations and are happy to discuss potential property improvements to help maximise value and minimise maintenance costs.
Once you’ve instructed us to let your property, we’ll revisit to prepare the particulars, get professional photos taken and draw up the floor plan. We’ll talk you through the marketing of your property and devise a bespoke plan with you. Be it window cards or features on Rightmove, we’ll tailor our strategy to suit you and your property.
Finding the right tenant for you...
- We contact appropriate prospective tenants and arrange accompanied viewings.
- When an offer is received, we’ll negotiate on your behalf and keep you in the loop throughout.
- All offers are subject to contract and thorough reference checks.
- Once you’ve agreed, both parties sign the tenancy agreement that we’ve drawn up for your property and which can be renewed at the end of a fixed term contract.
We offer four flexible levels of service
- Tenant find Only
- Tenant find and rent collection
- Property Minding Service for absentee Landlord/Owners
- Fully managed*
*A comprehensive service where we deal with everything from leaky pipes to broken appliances. Particularly suited Landlords who don’t live close at hand or are extremely busy elsewhere.
Why Wills & Smerdon:
- Established in East Horsley & Ripley since 1933
- We are part of the local community
- We offer genuine advice, realistic & honest rental valuations
- We are a qualified team who are members of ARLA PROPERTYMARK
- We support you from the start to the finish and beyond
Take a look at our Landlords Guide for more information and fees.
Get in touch
Call us or use the contact form below.