What to expect when you rent with Wills & Smerdon
Our lettings team aim to make your move as simple and stress-free as possible. You will be kept fully informed at each stage with clear and current information throughout.
Our dedicated team of ARLA Propertymark licenced and qualified lettings agents offer exceptional property management services and are able to resolve any issues you might have, efficiently and effectively. As members of the Property Ombudsman, our client money protection and professional indemnity insurance is first class. We also know all there is to know about safety and legal legislation, so you don’t have to and can trust that you’ll be kept up-to-date at all times.
Whether you’re in touch by email, phone or face-to-face through one of our branches, we take the time to listen to what you’re after so we can do our best to match you with your next home.
If your Landlord has asked us to manage the property throughout the tenancy, we will be your first point of contact if you have any maintenance niggles or just need advice. Check out our Tenant guide for fees.
Redress scheme – The Property Ombudsman membership number N02388
Client Money Protection – Propertymark membership/scheme number C0003041
Click here to see our Client Money Protection Certificate.
Why Wills & Smerdon:
- Established in East Horsley & Ripley since 1933
- We are part of the local community
- We offer genuine advice, realistic & honest rental valuations
- We are a qualified team who are members of ARLA PROPERTYMARK
- We support you from the start to the finish and beyond
How it works
We work alongside Goodlord and the Lettings Hub to ensure that you have the best renting experience possible. We’re here to help you through the process so you can get into your new digs quickly and without stress.
Goodlord processes thousands of tenancies per week – the largest volume in the UK – and operates with bank grade security. So don’t worry, you’re in good hands.
You’ll be able to view your offer letter, sign your contracts and pay your move-in monies through Goodlord. They will take care of the referencing process, help you switch your utilities to a greener tariff and give you access to great deals with Sky TV and broadband.
- Get a move on: Everything’s done online – from referencing via The Lettings Hub to payments and signing your tenancy agreement. It’ll get you moving quicker!
- Put your feet up: Goodlord is really simple and easy to use and we’ll keep you updated throughout the process. We’re with you all the way to move-in day (unless we get an invite to the housewarming).
- Keep the change: Save money on utilities, broadband, TV and more with our Tenant Move-In Services. Access awesome deals for you to get your home ready to move-in in just a couple of clicks.
- Take cover: Spilt coffee on your laptop and the carpet? Goodlord insurance products for tenants keep you covered for the duration of your tenancy so there are no nasty surprises at the end.
Step by Step
- Goodlord is simple and easy-to-use. We’ll let you know exactly what you need to do when you need to do it, and we're here to help if you need us.
- Find your dream home
- We start the Goodlord process
- Complete your referencing online
- Pay your move-in monies
- Switch your utilities and get your broadband and TV set-up before you move in*
- Review and sign your contract
- All done! Let's finalise your move-in!
Get in touch
Call us or use the contact form below.